Thursday, December 10, 2009

Help on the eng?

Part 1



Read the first draft of a paragraph written by a student. Then read the revised version that follows it. Compare the two versions, and then answer the questions.



First Draft



I have always loved to perform. My parents tell me that when I was only three years old, I would put on a show for anyone. When I was in the fifth grade, I had a part in the school Christmas pagent. I really enjoyed the applause my little song received. In my sophomore year in high school I got a part in the spring revue. I performed in it and also helped write it.The audience seemed to love it. I knew that entertaining people was what I wanted to do.



Revision



I have always loved to perform. My parents tell me that when I was only three years old, I would entertain anyone who would listen. When I was in the fifth grade, I had a part in the school Christmas pageant. I really enjoyed the applause my little performance received. Even more, I loved the laughter that came from the audience. In my sophomore year in high school I got a part in the spring revue. I not only performed in it, but also helped write what I hoped would be a funny skit. The waves of laughter from the audience told me that both the skit and I were, indeed, funny. It was then that I knew that making people laugh was what I wanted to do.



1.What misspelled word was corrected in the revised version?



(Worth 5 points)



2.What transitional expression was added to the last sentence?



(Worth 5 points)



3.What change in the fifth sentence of the revision gives the paragraph a more specific focus?



(Worth 10 points)



4.What change in the second-to-last sentence makes clear what the writer learned from the experience?



(Worth 10 points)



5.Tell in your own words why the revised paragraph is an improvement on the first draft.



(Worth 15 points



Help on the eng?palace theatre



Do you own work..Its not even hard you're just being lazy or stupid.



Help on the eng?concert tickets opera theater



what makes people think that they can post their homework on here and other people will do it for them????
This is homework help, not write-your-exam-for-you help.



The fact that there are hundreds out people out here who could easily do this assignment, and you can't, underlines the fact that something is going wrong in the education system. Either that or it is accepted behavior to present someone else's work as your own. If you had asked for assistance in figuring out what to do, you would be swamped with replies. But this is pure misuse of this site and a waste of everyone's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd