Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do you perform head cleaning on a JVC mini DV digital video camera ?

My camera viewing screen shows the picture breaking up into little segments and the message (needs head cleaning)appears.I tried a cartridge cleaner that came with a regular film cartridge and it didn't help. I can't find a camera shop that will talk to me about this.



I called the JVC number several times to no avail. Also I talked to 2 different JVC repair centers and still haven't had any success in answering my problem.The camera is model GRDVL500U,and was purchased 11/30/2000.Any suggestions will be appreciated.I think that the new digital cameras have put the camera repair shops out of business,at least in my local area.



How do you perform head cleaning on a JVC mini DV digital video camera ?binoculars



get another cleaning tape. look for a wet system. try it several times. if this doesnt do it you may have a clogged head if you're brave get some chamois ended swabs and some cleaning fluid. Try radio shack. take off the cover over the area where the tape loads place the soppy wet swab against the head drum withmoderate pressure and rotate the head under the swab several times



How do you perform head cleaning on a JVC mini DV digital video camera ?violin opera theater



you could take it to best-buy and have them do it for you..



but when you bought it , you should have recived a blank - tape-cleaner, which you just insert and let it do the job for you, I would look for it ..
Use a DV head cleaner. I saw something like this at Best Buy. If this doesn't work, then go with what the other guy said (take it there to get it fixed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd