Saturday, December 5, 2009

What song should I sing for the show? (Prefferably Evanescence, but can vary)?

Hi! I'm Maya, I'm thirteen, and on Saturday I am supposed to be performing on stage in a singing competition called StarSearch, and hopefully if I can get rid of this stupid throat problem (infection or cold or something) then I still won't know what to sing! I'm going with a rock chick kinda look, I'll be with the holes and the chains and the eyeliner with wings and all that, and I'm a major Evanescence fan (I say this so you'll get an idea of the music I like). Some of their songs are too high for me but I can go very low, I have quite a powerful voice but I can make it soft and emotional too. I don't have trouble holding long notes but if I go too high and have to project at the same time then my voice cracks, so I can't do long phrases loudly higher pitch. I want something rockish to get the crowd going, and definintely something memorable, but something less-performed (for instance songs like My Immortal and Call Me When You're Sober are sung all the time). Thank you!



-Maya



What song should I sing for the show? (Prefferably Evanescence, but can vary)?plays



Well, if you are ready for some high notes I suggest "Hello" but it could get so hard (at bridge)... "Cloud Nine" would be awesome too. You can also try "Sweet Sacrifice" but it might need some practice. Another good choices are "Lithium" and "Imaginary" (both versions of the latter are nice)



I don't think "Going Under" is a good choice because it won't show your vocals as they should be seen, and I don't really vote for "Tourniquet"...



Well, that's what I think.



Good luck in your contest.



What song should I sing for the show? (Prefferably Evanescence, but can vary)?opera ticket opera theater



i think i like broken and bring me to life
fdshgfdsh
Sweet Sacrifice is a good one. Tourniquet also, Good vocals required. Cloud Nine.



Or if you still want the chick rockish thing you could go with a song by Within Temptation- They're like a heavier version of Evanescence, Great singer. A song like Our Solemn Hour or The Howling would be great ones.
Lithium or Bring me to Life.
If you like evanescence, try never alone by Barlow Girl. It's a powerful song
If it's easier for you to go low, then I would suggest "Hello." Most of that song is lower until the end, but I bet that you can manage.!!!
well, i love to sing to evanescence 2! i would suggest maybe whisper. that one's not too hard to sing. um.... taking over me, my last breath, thoughtless( the korn cover, but there are cuss words, so maybe you could try to edit it out. i like that one cuz it's more rock type, i mean come on it's korn.) bring me to life could be a challenge at the end, cuz it takes projection and it's a really long note. haunted is good. everybody's fool is super easy. i don't know, i'm sure you'll do well whatever you pick. anyway, those are my Evanescence suggestions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd