Saturday, December 5, 2009

Possible ms?

Last year I was testes for Ms but nothing showed admoral. I get numbness and pins and needles in the arms legs and feet. I had MRIs of my brain, neck, and back but everything came back normal. I also had emg, eeg, and the visual test. The visual tests was the only thing that showed abnormal where my eyes bounced up and down. I never went back for my follow up since all my syptoms went away. Now that summer is here my syptoms have came back. This is a pattern where whenever it gets hot out my sypmtoms seem to come back. Last week I woke up with a bad stiff neck for about three days, after it went away my thumb went numb. the feeling since has came back, but not completely. The only test my doctor didn't perform was the spinal tap (something I don't really want)



Does the heat affect MS, but also wouldn't it show up in the MRI, and the blood tests that checked for any autoimmune diseases showed nothing abmornal. sometimes for no reason as all I will get a sharp stabbing pain in my eye



Possible ms?performing arts



It could be MS or some other neuro-muscular disorder. Even with the testing coming back normal. These disorders can be very difficult to diagnose especially in the early stages. MS can go into remission and many nuero-muscular disorders are eratic in symptoms. All of them have overlapping symptoms, hence ths difficulty diagnosing patients. There are some people with MS, Dystrophies and Myopathies that have waited years for a diagnosis. You need to do your follow up with your neurologist! Explain your new symptoms and let the doctors figure it out. It will require more testing but it is the only way you will know!!! No one here even if they were a neurologist could diagnose these things here. Best of luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd