Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do you feel about the Sabres fall from grace?

Just wondering how other Buffalo fans feel right now. I am very angry at the team for their ridiculous performances really all through the playoffs, they haven't performed like the regular season, they have played like a team that just showed up when they wanted to, when their backs were up against the wall. And since talent is obviously not an excuse, where do you point the finger?



How do you feel about the Sabres fall from grace?events



I'm not angry... Well, maybe a little. I think that the team showed zero emotion last night and I've got no emotions to draw from them.



I've watched them since 1970 and never bought into "it's our year". I think that's crap to say. It's whoevers year that wins the 16 games that matter most.



To say we folded like a cheap tent isn't accurate. We haven't been ourselves since these playoffs began. This is NOT the team I had such high hopes for.



Miller should sue for abandonment, he's a one man band out there. It's almost like the rest of the team is hoping he'll score one besides. It's like a great big shiny balloon, that didn't pop as much as the air just slowly leaked out.



The magic is gone. We could save some face an avoid a sweep but honestly (give me thumbs down all day long but let's not be so hopelessly in love that we don't see the forest through the GD trees) why prolong the inevitable? Will I feel better if we lose it in 5?



I am at a loss to explain it. Khalinin (spelling sorry) is awful, I've never seen so many give aways, it's like these guys just met. You'd never believe the level they played at at some points in the season. At some points they were bloody damn well unbeatable but I haven't seen that 1 time since April 8th.



We gelled and peaked way too early and now, when it matters most Ottawa is the far superior team. Last year we could all take comfort in the injuries--it was beyond our control. This year--I dunno is depression an injury? These guys are skating like a support group for tranquilizer abusers.



I am not bashing my team, I love my team, I so deeply love them that I can't get my mind around this situation.



I know next year will all be different but I hope we take a page from Ottawa's play book at get a bit tougher and grittier. I don't know if McKee or Grier could have made a difference but can anyone say they love Spacek right now?



I wish Ruff had changed up the line ups. Called up Drew, or Nathan--How do you explain the most important game of the year and it seemed like a November weeknight game in Columbus (no disrespect to the Blue Jackets)?



Many fans (the all hated bandwagoners) will flee. I will not flee but I will go quietly into my summer and try to nurse my broken heart.



I always say every year whoever hoists the Cup deserves it and with that I can say without hesitation that we don't deserve it. Can we come back and win 4 straight? No way with last nights effort. If somehow you waved a wand and could get back the team we had earlier than I think anything is possible.



One last thought...I bloody well hate that President's trophy. Freakin' curse! Better off to finish lower in the season and have something left to give at the end.



Sorry for the long answer, it's nearly therapy unburdening my broken hockey heart here. I never bash other teams and it bothers me when others do. But what I've said here I believe to be the truth as I see it and as the saying goes the truth hurts.



I can point no one finger, it's just all bad. I can point to Miller however, he's played very well and looked so lonely in that regard.



Sigh...........................



How do you feel about the Sabres fall from grace?home theatre opera theaterThanks! So we live to fight another day. Well, I'm not getting my hopes up yet. Win the next one in Buffalo and we're only down a game! Then I will start looking for them to make history and literally come back from the dead. Fingers crossed! Report It


Well being a Buffalo sports fan for 29 years I have learned never to get my expectations too high. This year is just proof of why......These loses really hurt because I wanted it so bad! But, I guess there is always next year maybe we wont lose Briere, Drury, and Vanek and we can pick up another good forward or defenseman.



This Sabres fan is still dreaming............
i agree its been tough to take.... i blame coaching...special teams are the reason for our biggest downfall. Not to down play Ottawa however its easy to win when the other team gives up a 2 man breakaway when they supposedly are on the powerplay.
it's sad, I point the finger at the defensemen
Truly upset about it! I am living in Germany (Buffalo native) and get up at 1am to watch every game, only to see them play so badly. I am upset about it. This team has more talent than any sqad in the NHL, and yet there down 3 games in the ECF. Honestly, I don't blame coaching and I dont blame goaltending. The blame falls somewhere in between the offense and defense right now.
If the Sabres tune up just 10 % more of their game, fast!, I think they can make a series out of it. But they have to WANT to win it all because the Sens sure do.
Sad.........hey the Islanders pulled it off when it happened to them in 1975........its not over til its over.



GO REDWINGS!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the Buffalo Curse that affects major sports teams in Buffalo
You got fooled into thinking a great regular season was going to translate into playoff success.



As a Sens fan I've seen this happen more times than I care to remember, including last year against Buffalo.



If you're looking for a reason you should look at who they had last year that aren't here now, Mike Grier and Jay McKee are a couple grittier guys that are somewhere else.
Being an old St. Louis Blues fan since 1971 I can relate to expectant seasons going in the dumpster. However there is 4 problems with the Buffalo Sabre's at this point. 1. They are simply getting outplayed by the Senator's at all positions except goal tending. 2. The special teams are blowing any chance for them to win. Going 0-19 on the power play is no way to get back in the series. Power play % is a terrible 11.7 to the Ottawa"s 23.0. Penalty kill is even worse when you consider that Buffalo has a 78.8% against the Senator's 89.7% 3. They did not go into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams like the Senator's and it showed from game one. Coaching, and I like Lindy Ruff, but the Senator's are out smarting the Sabre's on the line changes also. As the Blues say wait until a couple more years. Hey Buffalo fans I sympathize for you guys.
They haven't hit the floor yet.



They have been kind of sluggish all three rounds thus far. Goaltending has been solid, powerplay brutal.



If the series goes the way it looks like it will, I think maybe a change in direction may be best, meaning replace the coach. It is looking like Lindy may be a great regular season coach, but can't get it done when it counts. Ofcourse I really don't like Mr. Ruff, so that perception may be skewed.
To get shutout in inexcusable, especially by Ray Emery. In two of the losses, they've lost by a goal, but in the 2 OT loss, they had to score with less than 6 seconds left to even force OT. They are either going to come out p*ssed off in Game 4 and dominate in every facet of the game or they are going to go in and lay down for the Sens, so we'll see.
This is how I know I was correct for complaining about unfair calls in previous games- even though there was some questionable activity last night,there was NO excuse for them to play the way they did last night. Whoeversaid it is absolutely right, they looked liket hey weren't even trying. Silly me,I thought there was a whole other half of the ice, guess we just never see it. There were no exciting shots on goals, Drury just fell over how many times. Really, we deserved to lose. I'm still praying for a miracle, thats what the Buffalo faithful do, and once they win a game they have a tendency toward a three or four game streak, so it isnt impossible, but its time to just hope for better luck next season. Talk about lowered standards, I'm just hoping this isnt a sweep.



Anyone in the B-Lo area going to the arena for one last shot?Wear your lucky garb, we need it.
Hey Buffalo fans... don't feel too bad about your team. This is the Senators' year, Alfie is playing like a madman... they made the Penguins look bad and they made the Devils look bad. It just happens to be the Sabres' turn.



Don't worry, it'll be quick and painless tomorrow night.
I don't understand. You would think that they would want to win the Stanley Cup. However they are playing like they are in High School. Its Crazy. They decided to stop showing up the the games and I have no idea where they have gone! If you find them please send them back. We are still dreaming for that day where we can finally win the Cup!
i hate this..... i was hoping that the sabres might even win the stanley cup but alwell.....=(... theres always next year... and sabres r one on my fav teams.................
I'm not pointing the finger anywhere; I have been a fan of teams from this city for too many years for any of that. It's frustrating that things always seem to crumble at the last moment, but there's still a chance, no matter how remote, that they can turn it around. As long as they play their hearts out next game, I don't care how the series turns out. This team has had one hell of a run, and give the entirety of Western New York something to be excited about in a region that otherwise offers very little for the people to be happy or excited about. I'm not saying anything yet; I'm waiting for Wednesday night.
u kno thats how it is..whatcha going do..
quit your dreaming buffalo fans
I feel great, and I'm enjoying every moment of it on this site. And I point the finger to all the bandwagon fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd